For the full picture on what and how you’re feeling during allergy season, check out some helpful general knowledge below.
What is an allergy?
An allergy occurs when a foreign substance that is usually considered harmless triggers an immune response in a susceptible individual, leading to a variety of unpleasant symptoms. If you have allergies, exposure to substances such as pollens, pets, dust, mold, and foods can release chemicals in the body that cause symptoms such as a stuffy nose, itchy eyes, sneezing, drainage and wheezing.
Could your symptoms be caused by allergies?
You may have allergies if you experience the following symptoms:
- Nose: Stuffy, runny, sneezing, itchy, postnasal drainage, facial pressure
- Eyes: Watery, itchy, bloodshot
- Skin: Hives, rash, dry/itchy skin
- Lungs: Wheezing, shortness of breath, cough
- Digestive: Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
Learn More By Clicking Below: